5 BASIC PRINCIPLES OF UNITY
Listed below are Unity’s 5 Basic Principals. We believe however, that each member is on a journey for Truth within his or her own soul. Therefore, these ideas are offered for your consideration.
- There is only one God. God is absolute good, omnipresent (always present) and omnipotent (all-powerful).
- All of us have a core of divinity within our own hearts through which the Christ spirit is expressed. Our very essence is of God, and therefore we are inherently good. Jesus Christ obtained the fullest expression of God. We believe he is the example, not the exception.
- Thought dictates action. Human beings create their experiences by the activity of their thinking. Everything in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought.
- Prayer is a practice through which we connect to God. Prayer heightens our own awareness with God-Mind and therefore aligns us with wisdom, healing, prosperity, and all other life-affirming ideas.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life – also called the Truth – are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows. We believe too that inner peace and harmony come through serving others.
Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.
Silent Unity Telephone Prayer Ministry Available 24 /7: 800.669.7729